aki asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

which of these vegetables to be avoided to control uric acid eggplant, potato, okra, pumpkin ,?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • polly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Gout is a complex form of arthritis & even if you eat low purine vegetables you still may be susceptible to acute bouts of gout.

If you've had several attacks of gout you should consider having some blood work done with your G.P,as there are several uric acid reducing medications that can limit & even totally stop you having any future gout symptoms/attacks

• 6 months ago

"Which of these vegetables to be avoided to control uric acid eggplant, potato, okra, pumpkin ,?"

The vegetables of which you listed, need not be avoided to control uric acid,eggplant, okra, potatoes, and pumpkin, are all fine to eat if you have gout, or uric acid building up. As per the one list, those are foods that can lead to uric acid building up, and a gout flare up occurring. However there are a few vegetables that are on what's called the moderate list for purines. They are asparagus, cauliflower, green peas, kidney beans, lima beans lentils, mushrooms, and spinach. However there are other types of beans/legumes, that can also cause a build up of uric acid. I live with gout, and I've had to learn which foods affects my gout.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.