Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 6 months ago

Is an Accounting degree worth it?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • cool
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

NO!

If you can't get onto an accounting apprenticeship, or convince an employer to pay for your degree, then that is a crucial sign.

It is a sign that accounting may not be suited for you.

In the UK you can take the professional accounting certification exams without a degree, if you are really determined to become an accountant, then that is the way to do it.

• 6 months ago

I had a double major of finance and accounting. the school failed to tell me that the big demand for accountants is for accounting with experience, not new grads. If you have parents who work in accounting and can get you a job, you may have a chance. Major in healthcare if you want a job.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depends on what you do with it. Accounting jobs in small companies don’t pay really well. You have to go into Accounting with the “Big 4” companies, financial firms, or the government to make the big bucks

• 6 months ago

I hear it’s a very stressful job, but it pays well!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think that’s a good major

• 6 months ago

CPA and lots of personality and contacts may be good,,, but you still need to learn the skills school does not teach

and there is no line of people at the college waiting for the next grad in accounting

I have a high school diploma and run circles around people with degrees

• 6 months ago

Yes. It gives you an opportunity to work for yourself for cash, give tax legal advices, be employed with private sector and the government.

• 6 months ago

Accounting.... the best-paid job worldwide.

Peace.

• 6 months ago

Which degree - bachelor's, master's - specifically in accounting, accounting & finance, or general business (BBA, MBA)? From which university, graduate school of business? How well did you do? Top 10% of graduates in your department? Accounting & other business-related degrees are a glut on many markets. So it really depends on how well you do at how highly rated a school, your references & recommendations, performance on internships, etc.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Describe 'worth it'. From a pure financial standpoint, most degrees are worth it in the long run if you have motivation to excel in the field and don't overpay for the degree.

• 6 months agoReport

why do you have a commodore 64 logo? you aren't worthy of carrying a logo of such a reputable product and company!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.