Who should they bond with first? (Rats)?

I recently had 1 of my 1 rats pass away, and I didn’t want my 1 left to be lonely because there are days where I’m barely home so I went and got her two babies. I have the babies and my rat separated currently. The thing is that the babies are very very skittish and do not like interaction, at first they would hide... show more I recently had 1 of my 1 rats pass away, and I didn’t want my 1 left to be lonely because there are days where I’m barely home so I went and got her two babies. I have the babies and my rat separated currently. The thing is that the babies are very very skittish and do not like interaction, at first they would hide if I was even in the room, that’s gotten better though. But I can’t pick them up out of the cage to clean it or anything. I’m wondering if I should take the time to bond with the babies first or should I bond the rats first? Maybe my rat can teach them that it’s okay. They are only roughly 2 months old so maybe she can teach them how to do things and help calm them.
1 answer 1