What's are different ways to soundproof a window without blocking the view?

1 year ago

Closing them helps alot. Next thick glass. Next double glass, next triple glass, next quad it. Next indoor music. and industrial foam ear plugs. Next go deaf....or move the house away from the railway tracks and airport. There is only so much that can be done so many people go to work or shopping.

• John P
    1 year ago

The obvious way is double glazing, even triple glazing for even better sound reduction.

• 1 year ago

Double pane windows afford about the best sound proofing as well as thermal insulation without loss of visibility.

It costs, but worth it in long run.

1 year ago

Double glazed. triple glazed. The wall around it is just as important. Plastic foam can help. Double drywall.

• 1 year ago

I have an original section of my house from the 1920's which contains oak single paned windows. I ordered metal framed compression fit interior storm windows that push in and fit snugly into the windows. I purchased these interior storm windows to prevent air infiltration, but the unexpected bonus is that they work great at muffling outside noise. The inserts are constructed with optical grade polyvinyl film that is very thick and tough and SEE THROUGH.

I ordered my window inserts for 9 small windows (24"wx 36"l) for just under $400. plus $37. for shipping.

These window inserts are an incredible product that I would highly recommend.

Insulating the window with these interior storm windows has prevented drafts, reduced outside noise and yes, my heating cost has also decreased this past winter. I think I will keep them in for the summertime to help with the air conditioning costs as well.

• 1 year ago

Mount a plexi-glass sheet inside the house over the window opening with caulk. This air gap will cut the sound down some. Floating a sub-woofer and speakers from the ceiling will also do well.

• 1 year ago

You CAN'T actually soundproof ANY room without building if explicitly for that purpose, and it will cost THOUSANDS.

That said, you can significantly decrease sound transfer by using multiple panes separated by an inert gas. The more times sound has to transition from one medium to another, the weaker it becomes.

• Triple glazing panels so easy to install and you will still have your view

• 1 year ago

essentially none

1 year ago

Sound is nothing more than energy being transmitted through a medium. It you change or eliminate the the medium, you can stop sound. There are sound reduction windows with features that stop noise. Multiple panes and different gases in between the panes tends to work. Look up soundproof windows in Google.