My cat has been missing for over 2 weeks(almost 3 weeks). I work a lot so I haven't been able to look for him. I've got the next 3 days off?

starting tomorrow and I'm gonna use every minute of the next 3 days to look for him. Will I just be wasting my time or would it still be worthwhile to take the effort to look for him? Is there still a slight chance I could find him or find a neighbor who knows about his whereabouts???

• 1 year ago

It happened to us once. We made Flyers with photo of the cat and our phone number to pass out in the neighborhood. As it turned out, she was trapped in some Mexican's garage about a block away. Older cats typically will stay around the house and not wander too far. If you have a new cat from a shelter, it may be looking for it's old home.

• 1 year ago

Among the crappy, nasty criticism that fails to account for what I sense as genuine love and concern, there's some advice here from people who are PROBABLY sincere pet lovers simply overreacting and condemning you without any substantial information.

If your buddy isn't neutered, he should be. Just sayin'. ; ] An intact male may roam for weeks on end, at distances up to eight miles or more. That's quite a bit of trekking for someone who likely isn't over 18 inches long.Law Of Attraction: do not worry, as that's a focus on the negative, which can draw that to you. WHEN he come home, have his love nuggets removed if you haven't already done so. ; ]

Positive vibes. No worry. I came across this maxim oddly placed in text at the end of a fan-made video on YouTube: "Worry doesn't take away tomorrow's problems, it takes away today's peace." I hate 'missing pet' stories. I have worried about the semi-feral cats I care for at work if they vanish for a day or two. I'm putting out the 'good energy' for you. ; ]

• 1 year ago

He's surely DEAD - run over by a car or eaten by a coyote. Let me guess - 2? 5 years old? My last cat that passed away was over TWENTY TWO years old since I cared enough about her to keep her indoors. Sad you didn't.

Did you even bother to contact your local shelter TWO WEEKS AGO to see if he was there? Put a listing on craigslist? Put up signs? No, I'm sure you didn't. So why look for him? If he's still alive give him the chance at finding an owner that will LOVE him and keep him indoors where he belongs.

If he did end up at a shelter he's either dead now or adopted by someone else. Shelters only have to hold an animal for a WEEK. You didn't "have time" till now to look for him so let it go. You don't give a crap about this cat.

• Anna
      1 year agoReport

Where does it say the cat roamed? Maybe the cat got out it can happen. And if the asker didn't care he/she wouldn't be looking for it.

• Ocimom
    1 year ago

Busy or not, you should have been active with Lost Cat flyers, calling or having someone go to local shelters to look for your cat and other things. If the cat is lucky, someone picked it up and took it home. If unlucky its either been killed on the road or a wild animal hurt and/or killed it.

• John
    1 year ago

Yes, he might be locked in someone's garage.I hope so.

• 1 year ago

i would still look for hirn, you rnight even find hirn and i would ask god to help you find hirn since he knows where everyone is

• ZotsRule
      1 year agoReport

LOL! Might as well ask Harry Potter for help as well.

• 1 year ago

Try spreading either his hair or your hair around the block. If he shed a lot, or if you are going to cut your own hair, cut up the hairs into little bits and walk around your block spreading bits of the hairs like the story of "Hansel and Gretel". He can then sniff his way back along a familiar smell. Second would be to get some cat treats, and again, like "Hansel and Gretel", go for a walk around the block but bring an old shoe with you and drag it along the sidewalk on a string, then drop a catfood dry kibble every few feet. The cat can then follow food and smell back home. Good luck!

• ZotsRule
      1 year agoReport

Are they gluing the hair to the ground so it doesn't blow away? I agree with Ocimon. You're a MORON. Or maybe you're 11 years old... or both.

• 1 year ago

Yes, there is still a chance. I once found a dog that had been missing for four months. Someone had picked it up as a "stray" and then taken it to the city pound when they got tired of it. Keep checking in with animal shelters and animal hospitals frequently. Put up signs around the neighborhood or on social media, too.

Cats do tend to "hide and die" when they're sick or injured, so you're certainly not guaranteed a happy outcome. Try anyway.

• Bill Holt1 year agoReport

Another of the few worthy replies to a sincere and heartfelt plea for assistance. ; ]

1 year ago

I would say take 2 days off. Your cat will come back if it’s still alive. Make flyers and call local animal shelters during the meantime.

• 1 year ago

A slight chance, depending on the size and makeup of the city, and other factors.