meg asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

What can we do with this dog?

It’s almost 12:00am and the nearest emergency vet is over an hour away. My boyfriend has found a lost dog in the middle of the road and his mum is refusing to let him bring it into the house for the night so that he can take it to the vets in the morning to see if it’s microchips. We tried ringing the emergency vets and they won’t do anything or come and get it. I’ve told him to stay in the block of flats with it for now but he can’t stay out all night.

1 year ago

What would I do? I'd drive the mile. You and your bf have very good hearts. Not so much concerning his mother.

Do the Police have any suggestions?

Again, nice to hear something that isn't involving cruelty!

• 1 year ago

If you had a garage and can't bring him indoors, that might be a place to keep it overnight, or better yet, in a crate until morning.

As said, this was 10 hours ago, so presumably it's now daytime. I hope you have been able to sort this out - well done for getting it off the roads.

• 1 year ago

Call animal control

1 year ago

yeah well, it's DAYTIME now... WHAT DID YOU END UP DOING???