What if earth started spinning in a way that made it so the sun rises in the south and sets in the North?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • poldi2
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best answer

Then everything on the surface would be destroyed.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I don't think it could happen. where is the force? I would expect the sudden change in direction would shift the earth's crust in other words earthquakes, volcanoes and hurricanoes.I wouldn't depend on the water to stay in placer neither. The magnetic poles of the earth do reverse, without much\ effect.

• 6 months ago

Why the speculation?, where is the benefit?

• Paula
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Then Earth would be similasr to the planet Uranus.

A "day" would last for 6 months followed by a night of 6 months, as the hemisphere containing the East Pole faced the sun for 6 months , then the west pole for 6 months etc etc.

I dare say all life on earth would die.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

That's a dizzying thought

• 6 months ago

Santa Claus would move to Brazil.

• 6 months ago

Then the surface of the planet would slag into magma, with all life extinguished. But the sun would indeed appear to rise in the south and set in the north of that lifeless world.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

then we rnight be in trouble

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

what of it? what if the sky were green instead of blue? what if the oceans were filled with cheese whiz instead of water? what if santa's sleigh was pulled by ostriches instead of reindeer? what is the point of speculating about things that can't happen and don't mean anything?

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

there would be an east-pole and a west-pole, and on half the world the sun would rise in the north and set in the south

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.