Cosplayer turned down a picture because of my camera. What was her problem?

Went to a convention recently and asked one girl in cosplay for a quick picture. The moment she saw my older digital camera she immediately shot me down. She walked off saying that I'm not worth her time. Honestly, I'm not a pro photographer by any means, I'm casual about it. I don't have enough to... show more Went to a convention recently and asked one girl in cosplay for a quick picture. The moment she saw my older digital camera she immediately shot me down. She walked off saying that I'm not worth her time. Honestly, I'm not a pro photographer by any means, I'm casual about it. I don't have enough to afford the latest and best equipment (not that I need it). But apparently I wasn't good enough for her cosplay, which was cool but nothing to gloat about. I only asked her for a quick shot for less than 10 seconds, not a full-blown photo shoot. What crawled up her butt and died? Do some cosplayers have high standards? It was only going to be a single picture!