Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

What would you think if your adult son or daughter said this?

That the only motivation they have to live is video games, and if they were somehow tooken away, than they'd have no reason to live anymore.

It’s normal to flee into games during depression, it’s also normal to be a professional or casual gamer.

• Raja

Tell him or her that video games alone will not help an adult child to lead a successful life. Explain that one should think in terms of a career for future survival .Parents cannot look after the children beyond a certain age limit especially when they are adults. As such limit the time spent on video games and concentrate on career development as well.

I would be surprised, as we raised them to value more than that in life.

They need help

seek help for them.

Digital heroin. Technology has done an amazing job of stealing our souls and the souls of our children. Our eyes and brains are tethered to our phones screens and video screens. Causes dramatic changes in brain chemistry, same effect as drug addiction. As a boomer, blows my mind to think that we actually used to go outside and play. A lot of kids don’t even do this anymore. Don’t get vitamin D from the sun, don’t enjoy the sound of birds or the smell of flowers in the summer time. Live indoors, inside rooms with flickering images on screens which have replaced all that with a digital version. Work of the devil, almost

I think some addiction was at foot and probably try to get them into treatment.

i would get thern help

I would think that it was time to take them to the doctor and find out what is causing this need to live in a fantasy world. I would also have to look at myself a bit more closely to find out where I went wrong as a parent. This son/daughter are not natural are they.

I'd probably think i used video games as their babysitter all during their childhood.