How much should we care if someone is OFFENDED by what someone said or did?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

It depends on what happened and why they’re offended. If their just being butthurt that someone didn’t agree with them then yo I shouldn’t care at all imo. But if you were being inconsiderate or actually did something mean then you should care about other people’s feeling to some extent

• 6 months ago

Should is a rule, better to ask how much do

We care?

So as much as you do care.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views sited and CBT quals.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

This human condition is all about offending and being offended. Brutalizing others and being brutalized in return. If you’re tired of the ‘karma’, you have to find a way not to have to come back here again. Easier said than done, but that’s why we are here. To work on that

• 6 months ago

Much.

• canadacraig
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Meaning what exactly? Do whatever it takes to make them no longer offended?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

"But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

"For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I'd say you should care deeply about the words you choose to use. For by them, you will be acquitted or condemned.

• 6 months ago

Depends on the situation. Some people deserve to be offended. Sometimes that is the entire point of saying whatever it was. On the other hand, if you say offensive things to no purpose and simply because you are a selfish and cold POS, well, you could learn to care more.

When you ask how much, you have to ask "to what purpose or need" before you can decide.

What are you really asking? Are you asking why we care about the feelings of others in the first place? If we need to explain that to you, then you aren't really someone I want to be around.

• 6 months ago

Depends on the nature of what we did or said, and the strength of their reaction. Some people are offended because it's Tuesday. On the other hand, it is possible that we are doing something that really is offensive and not realizing it. Good rule of thumb, to quote from a redneck I once knew, "if six people call you a dog, start barking".

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Those ni--ers and fa-ots can go suck a chode. As Flava Flave points out "I don't care what they think, they's gots ta pay me, boy!"

Another case in point, the guy who raped your sister think you are a real piece of s-it. Offense is completely subjective. It doesn't matter. If you're trying to make a good impression meeting an ambassador from some far flung country, you might want to know beforehand that a thumbs up means "**** your mama" in his culture but every shcumk you meet who thinks it's rude that you didn't thank their cousin's yoga teacher's roommate in a Christmas card and comes to punch you in the face about it, f-ck them. Burn down their children and rape the corpses. Your being offended doesn't matter to anyone. Not even yourself.

• 6 months ago

We should... otherwise the world goes haywire.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Anywhere from this much _ to this much _____________________ depending on what was said or done. Hope this helped in some way.

• Lord Bacon
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Should I be offended that I cannot answer? Am I blocked?
      There is no such thing as 'the right not be offended'.
      We should care enough to conduct ourselves responsibly and to correct our behaviour if we cause offence unintentionally. These are just normal basic social skills.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.