The rubber on the Wheels of my walker has become hard is there any way to REJUVENATE THE RUBBER?
- Anonymous1 year ago
No. This is a replacement item.
- Spock (rhp)Lv 71 year ago
not that i know of. and the wheels might be replaceable .. [after all, someone built the thing in the first place and they likely used easily obtainable stock wheel]
- Pat WoodenLv 71 year ago
You can buy replacement wheels at Amazon. Click on the link below.
- TexpersonLv 71 year ago
You should be able to buy replacement tires.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- ?Lv 71 year ago
No - rubber is remarkable stuff made of tangles of winding molecules. When the molecules break the rubber hardens. The wheels can be replaced affordably once you find out where to get them. If they are as universal as they appear to be on Amazon, they have replacement kits for under $20.
- martyLv 71 year ago
1. Spray the rubber with silicone spray. This spray can be found at any camping supply store. Spray until the rubber is soaked. Place the rubber inside an airtight, plastic bag. Use large garbage bags for big pieces of rubber.
2. Keep the rubber in the plastic bag for three to seven days.
3. Lift the bagged piece of rubber and bend it to check for pliability. Once the desired suppleness is attained, you can remove it from the bag for use. You might need to repeat this process if the rubber hasn't softened enough.
1. Heat some water in a stew pot on the stove. Heat it until boiling.
2. Set the stew pot in the sink and submerge the rubber in the water to soften it.
3. Grip the rubber with a pair of salad or canning tongs and remove it from the water. If you need to touch the rubber at this point, put on a pair of oven mitts or leather work gloves to handle it.
- 1 year ago