Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 months ago

Should I break up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for almost a year now (that s not the problem) and we re going to soon be back in person in July. We ve had a couple of major arguments and they ve been a couple months ago and then one last night. After every time we get through said argument, he decides RIGHT AFTER to tell me some upsetting things, just right after we ve fought. A couple weeks ago, he told me right after that he had been texting his ex, but it was "nothing, he just wanted to send her a birthday message" and then last night, we got through it and he told me right after that some girl wanted to ask him out and was "surprised" he had a girlfriend. And was according to him, "disappointed" he had a girlfriend. I would be fine and completely happy if he told me this any other time. But he tells me right after emotional fighting. He continuously does this even though in the past (these two stories were just two of like, 4 or 5) I ve told him it makes me uncomfortable when he brings it up right after a problem and it only makes us argue again. I m just wondering if this is something I should ignore because it s "no big deal," or if enough is enough because I m starting to really think he likes the drama and doing upsetting things. I trust him not to do things with other girls, I m not exactly worried. But it just feels like he deliberately tries to cause a bigger problem. Pls nice answers, I love him but I need help. I want to respect myself.

I dated someone like that and was in a relationship with him for 6 years and 4 of those years were long distance. We argued soooo much. It was sooo hard. He hid so much stuff from me, cheated on me, talked to other girls and treated me worse year by year. I think you should walk away before you become way more emotionally attached.

tell him to suck a fat one far away from you. no disrespecting womanz in this howse

Yep, your right, he is a drama king. You just have to decide if you can live with it or not.

Leave him alone

Break up especially if he is doing this to upset you

If you wanna respect yourself break up with this man child that's acting like a fifteen year old girl. He does do it to cause drama because he's a miserable person. You guys are long distance anyways its not gonna be as sad or depressing if you break up as it would be if you lived in the same place. People who have that need to stir the pot and like seeing others upset are sh*tty f*cking people. I have an ex who did that he was such a stupid arrogant condescending piece of sh*t. You deserve better move on for your own well being happiness and sanity.

Nobody has a boyfriend.

Yes leave him now.

tell him that you are considering leaving him due to these problems. Tell him every argument is bothering you. he will most likely just stop, and even more likely will break up with you. After some time passes, he'll apologize and come back.

He's playing some kind of passive-aggressive game and it's hard to say whether he'll stop once you're back in person again. Play it by ear, but if he persists on doing this stuff just to irritate you you'll have to consider whether he's worth it.