Is 58K at age 28 the right amount saved at this point?

I don't have a wife or kids to drain my paycheck every month, so I have been able to put chunks away to save. I have paid off all of my student loans because I'm not one of the millennial deadbeats waiting for the bailout (I'm an honorable man, won't screw over anyone that hasn't done the same... show more I don't have a wife or kids to drain my paycheck every month, so I have been able to put chunks away to save. I have paid off all of my student loans because I'm not one of the millennial deadbeats waiting for the bailout (I'm an honorable man, won't screw over anyone that hasn't done the same to me), and the GI bill is paying my MBA tuition plus a 3800 housing stipend for New York. I'm currently stocking away 3K every month consistently now for the last year. Is this a good amount saved at 28, or should I have more by now?
Update: I have it all in a 2.45% high yield savings account from CIT bank, and my goal is to have 500K by 40 (still hopefully not married with kids). I want to retire by 50 to travel the world and enjoy life to the fullest