After joining national gaurd, you get shipped back home after boot camp and ait. What do soldiers do if they have no place to go home to?

My apartment lease is coming to an end and would like to join the national gaurd, I’m just worried I will be homeless til I can find Apartment once I get back. Does the military offer any temporary housing or assistance?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Most National Guard people have regular jobs and a place to live.

• 6 months ago

Find a church, go to a shelter, sit at the bus stop, flirt with a fat woman and maybe you can stay with her.

• Dodger6 months agoReport

I feel like you been there done that.

• 6 months ago

NO... You got to find your own place and pay rent... or go active duty..

• 6 months ago

So you lease another apartment. No big deal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

not for Guard or Reserves. the whole point is that you have other resources available.. civilian job, attending college, etc. to handle the bulk of your every day needs.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

To be blunt, that's your problem

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

In some cases, they loan you a sleeping bag and maybe a tent. You can't stay on base.

• 6 months ago

Except in rare cases National Guard is a part time - one weekend a month and 2 weeks annual training. You are expected to be a full time student or have a regular job so you need a place to live.

• 6 months ago

they rnight offer housing, you need to ask thern about it

• Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

steven forGodsake, LIGHHTEN UP BBBTCH. not all know how the National Guard works. no need to go all PSYCHO BBBTCH FROM HELL when a simple "that's not how it works" would suffice. Pearl just comes here for her own entertainment, she's not trying to own your brain or the MT space where it used to be.

• 6 months ago

no

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.