Whats wrong with my computer?

Essentially i shut it down by pressing the power button (i know i shouldnt have) and when i go to restart it it'll turn on but my monitor displays no video input and my mouse and keyboard dont light up. Ive tried cleaning the ram and whatnot but i cant figure it out. Help?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Listen to the CPU fan, this comes on a high speed when the CPU is working hard, and can tell you when the computer is working beyond its capacity. Run a virus and malware scan. Performance problems can be caused by malware on the computer.

• 6 months ago

simply shut down and restart the pc

• Bong
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

REinstall windows and you'll see it displays graphics again. Upgrade to Windows 10.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The owner!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

If the system does not display anything and the problem cannot be resolved by yourself, take the PC to your local computer repair centre for analysis. They should be able to find the problem.

• 6 months ago

Check your power supply, video card and boot drive. Substitute ones known to be good as a test. Windows 10 saves a copy of the boot record regardless of how you shut down so don't worry. Check your power supply and motherboard for bulged electrolytic capacitors. They typically split open at the top and vent when they go bad.

• 6 months ago

By forcibly shutting down computer hardware can not be damaged but software can,Windows operating system can be corrupted if you have old Windows version.On Windows 10 forced shut down can not damage O.S.

• 6 months ago

run an anti-malware program as first step

then run Windows Repair tool

• 6 months ago

Take it to an expert.

• 6 months ago

Boot to the bios and use a back up operating system.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.