Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 7 months ago

How to go to college when you have social anxiety?

High school and college has a big differences. In high school, it's All about you solely but in college you got to survive with group studies and it's hard for me to form a group and u meet different people, different classes, it's kind of stressful . I am always left out when making groups and it's embrassing. Im hoping this year I won't quit like before. I had a gap year, I suffer from mental illness bipolar disorder and social anxiety. how do I deal with it? Because of this I m debating should I study college or not.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

Just stay around nice and average/smart ppl and be nice and let them do all the works in forming groups and you will just be a member

• 7 months ago

Deal with your issues before you attempt to go to college.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Most college classes do not require "group studies". I don't know where you got the idea that they all did. I NEVER had any group studies, though much may depend on your major. Sci/tech majors may well require more.

In this day and age, colleges offer a lot of support for the mentally/emotionally challenged. You need to be seeing a counselor regularly. In fact, before you go to college, meet with a counselor several times and come up with some strategies for managing your issues.

• drip
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

In the US, most of college work is done on your own. I don’t know why you think you will be working on groups in every class. You don't.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • cool
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Detox

Please don't despair, the body heals itself naturally and nerves are no different.

Start by having soothing baths whilst you drink a smoothie made up of berries, mango and fresh grapes.

It may sound cheesy, but doing this can help to reduce oxidative stress, which is a key step in any detox protocol.

All you need to do is to try and remove the toxins which we all have, because everyone has been exposed to poisonous air or food and most of us are victims of doctors.

Use Fiji water, or Chlorella to release the toxins.

Then use activated charcoal and food grade diatomaceous earth to bind with those toxins, allowing the body to flush them out.

Good luck!

• Lili
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

cool, stop wasting space and other people's time.

• Squid
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

What makes you think you have to do group studies in college? You don't.

• 7 months ago

Pick the right place to live. ...

Set realistic goals. ...

Build a relationship with tutors. ...

Create space to breathe. ...

Don't use alcohol as a coping mechanism. ...

Know the system. ...

Build a network.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.