Costs of illegal aliens have exceeded a TRILLION dollars a year every year since at least 2002. It's very difficult to dig out all the costs, especially since much of the welfare, food stamp, HUD housing subsidies, etc, are collected through fraud. However, if you really dig deep (as I did), you will find some pretty reliable numbers for:
- the costs of education of illegal aliens & their offspring, school breakfast & lunch programs, etc;
- costs of health care;
- costs of housing subsidies, e.g. HUD units where one or more illegal aliens reside;
- programs such as energy/heating subsidies, renter's rebate programs, other aid for housing/utilities costs;
- costs of criminal aliens' prosecution, incarceration;
- costs to victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens (a big one few pay attention to);
- costs of Child Tax Credits & similar tax rebates which illegal aliens are expressly disqualified from receiving;
- remittances & loss to the local economy when untaxed dollars are shipped abroad;
- costs of charity scams, food & clothing & household goods taken by illegal aliens (often resold!) when these donated goods are needed by very poor American citizens;
- costs of unemployment for Americans laid off & replaced by illegal aliens & "foreign workers" on employment visas;
- infrastructure costs: there is a cost in infrastructure requirements (roads, water, sewer, more) for each additional person (now over $15,000/person), so just those costs for each illegal alien in the country;
- lots of smaller, less well known costs, e.g. insurance costs of criminal aliens such as losses due to uninsured motorists, burglaries, etc.; lost sales taxes when illegal aliens fail to charge sales taxes to other illegals, etc.
Totals over the past 17 fiscal years, since total costs increase annually, now rival total National Debt. Don't believe me - do all the digging yourself & be astounded by all their costs and the various ways they leech off Americans.