Can you become a dance teacher if you don't know how to dance?

My friend and I are both education majors. We have a lot in common, we always played sports together and both have brothers and no sisters. She doesn't know how to dance, and never got the opportunity to as a child because her parents wanted her in other sports. She does know a lot about dance moves and dance... show more My friend and I are both education majors. We have a lot in common, we always played sports together and both have brothers and no sisters. She doesn't know how to dance, and never got the opportunity to as a child because her parents wanted her in other sports. She does know a lot about dance moves and dance vocabulary, but I'm not sure if that helps if you don't know how to dance. Can you be a dance teacher if you never danced yourself? I don't want to break her heart, but I don't know if this can work out for her.