Auto Loan Question?

My dad and I co-bought a car together. Not co-signed, co-BOUGHT. I am listed as the co-buyer and he is primary because I needed to borrow his credit for the loan. I make all payments, pay all maintenance, and all gas. The only thing he pays for is the insurance. If I wanted to insure the car only in my name and go... show more My dad and I co-bought a car together. Not co-signed, co-BOUGHT. I am listed as the co-buyer and he is primary because I needed to borrow his credit for the loan. I make all payments, pay all maintenance, and all gas. The only thing he pays for is the insurance. If I wanted to insure the car only in my name and go refinance it, could I do that without his permission? My name is on the title alongside his. And on the registration, it says Chris or Nicol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My dad doesn't want me refinancing until after graduation of college, but they have been threatening to take the vehicle from me for not cleaning the house well enough even though I work 40 hours a week. I would like it to be only in my name so nothing is risked anymore or threatened. Any advice would be appreciated.
7 answers 7