Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 6 months ago

What's the most exotic pet(no dogs/cats) you've owned? Was it legal to own in your state?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best answer

In my day, I have had quite a menagerie of unusual pets, a hard guess for most exotic, perhaps our ringtail capuchin monkey, my two alligators were native specise, Had a red knee tarantula native to Mexico and a pink toe from the Antilles.

Striped skunk, Virginia opossum, every rodent except capybara, snakes and other reptiles, snails, hermit crabs, Toads and frogs, not really a pet bat, a young horned owl, a number of house spiders and other arachnids.

Guinea pigs, a desert squirrel(moms pet) a desert tortoise. A stingray, an octopus,loads of guppys.

When we had these they were legal, many still are, some now need license, some needed vaccinations.some now are simply banned or protected.

Most were rescues, orphans, some mice and rats from pet stores, some I would never consider again, some I would love to keep again, some few I still keep, my last, a little cute jumping spider:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32083154@N02/2787333...

• 6 months ago

A degu and it was legal in Washington; My sister had an iguana, it ate the bird, took over their swimming pool, and hissed at them, it got so big, a museum was the only place that would take it in Florida and it was legal.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've had lizards and snakes - guess you can call them "exotic".

• 6 months ago

A hen. Yes it was legal to keep her.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I have 3 ferrets, two males and a female. They are considered exotic animals and only certain vets will see them. I’m originally from California where they are illegal, but currently live in Washington where they are legal.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A huge fuzzy tarantula. My son Andi used to play with it. It was legal.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A skunk,,, it wasn't mine, it belonged to a friend of my dad's, we took care of it for a while when he was working overseas,,, they're really cool pets, pretty much just like a cat.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Tough to pick. I've had fishes, salamanders, frogs and toads, snakes, lizards, turtles (including the oldest-known common snapper), birds, and assorted mammals. How about the armadillo that I trained to use a litter box?

So far as I know, they were all legal to own.

• 6 months ago

Probably the couple of little newts I tried to have, for a short time, in a fish tank with a few goldfish. Had the tank out in an enclosed porch and the newts apparently managed to escape and were never seen again.

Got them from a pet shop that sold mostly fish, so yeah, they're legal...

Lv 7
    6 months ago

An Iguana, I guess. But he died before getting big.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.