Could I use this swindle to get free camping gear?

I'm in need of some new camping gear. Im thinking of going to Walmart for it due to their company return policy, which is stated on their website. You can make a return within 30 days without a receipt. I dont know how Walmart knows the date of your purchase if you dont have a receipt, but that is irrelevent... show more I'm in need of some new camping gear. Im thinking of going to Walmart for it due to their company return policy, which is stated on their website.

You can make a return within 30 days without a receipt.

I dont know how Walmart knows the date of your purchase if you dont have a receipt, but that is irrelevent to this scenario.

Say I go there and get the gear I need over the weekend, paying with a credit or debit card.

A few days later, I dispute the transaction with my card company, telling the following tall tale:

"I attempted to return these unopened items as I found a better deal elsewhere, but misplaced my receipt. According to Walmarts return policy, which I have provided a link to, a receipt is not needed for returns within 30 days. However, the employee at the return counter refused to honor their stated policy and said I need a receipt, and said a manager is not available when I requested one. Thus I am disputing this transaction due to refusal to issue a refund in violation of their written policy."

Of course the attempted return never happened, but the way I see it there are 3 possibilities.

1. Walmart does not respond to my dispute and I get the money back AND the merchandise.

2. Walmart does respond, but my bank or credit card company takes my word over theirs, or at least gives me the benefit of the doubt, and same outcome as number 1.

3. Walmart responds and my dispute is declined. But I was gonna get the gear anyway so no loss in trying.

Worth a shot?