Why do people think that it is illegal to marry her because of one of her main goals is to get a green card and citizenship?

So my parents and my relatives in ho chi minh city are setting me up with someone who is a possible spouse for me. I've asked them to help me out cause I can't even get a single girl here in the states who would agree to date or marry me. I am literally dying of loneliness and I've been having suicidal... show more So my parents and my relatives in ho chi minh city are setting me up with someone who is a possible spouse for me. I've asked them to help me out cause I can't even get a single girl here in the states who would agree to date or marry me. I am literally dying of loneliness and I've been having suicidal thoughts of just wanting to end my life because I feel so unloved. I get bashed on a regular basis by people who know me and people don't even talk to me at all at family gatherings. I lost all of my friends and only have one friend left now and that is the reason why I am dying to get married. My sister is getting married so she isn't going to be around anymore either. So that is why I have resulted in getting married this way by getting people to set me up. One of my fiancee's goals and motivation to marry me is because she's going to get to come to the US and that she's going to get a green card and soon citizenship afterwards. Many people say this is bad and illegal for her to do this. Why do people think that it is illegal for her to marry me if her main goal is getting a green card ?