Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 months ago

Would you let your 14 year old daughter and her gorlfriend go to a movie alone?

My daughter wants me to drop her and her friend off at 10:30 at night to see a movie with her friend and then pick her up a couple hours

34 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

that would be a huge gigantic no, school night or not

• Me
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

No, 14 is too young to go to the movies that late. She should see an earlier showing or not go at all.

• 7 months ago

No. Not at all. Young girls are not safe at night. Even in a crowded building. No way in hell. There are plenty of other movie times earlier and if they are arguing super hard about this time specifically, something else is up and they are gonna get in trouble.

• 7 months ago

No. Maybe on the weekend and I would be a couple rows back not gone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

No way in hell. On school nights my 14 year old daughter has to be in bed by 10:30. She has to be inside the house by 8:00 pm. Weekends she's allowed out until 9:30-10:00 if she has a (parent) chaperoned outing, like a movie, or school event.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes but drop them off and pick them up

• 7 months ago

Not that late.

• 7 months ago

Depending on the area you're in. My parent's have been letting me out alone since I was a freshmen in HS. Sometimes even past dark. BUT as long as i texted her every time i go somewhere else. Like "hey done with the movies gonna get ice cream now though" if you're more to the side on letting her go out more I'd advise you to have her text you if ANYTHING seems off or if she decides to wander for some reason. Cause god forbid she decides to do something after the movie and gets kidnapped, and you find it odd that shes not responding, so u check the theatre and shes not there.

• 7 months ago

Depends on the age of the girl-friend, in my opinion, if she's 15+, it's not a problem. If she's under the age of 15, I honestly think they just need a gaurdian to be with them.

• 7 months ago

Depends on the movie. But I wouldn’t let her go to a movie that late at night.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.