Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 year ago

Would it be taking advantage of her (unethical)?

I have a friend that I’ve liked since I met her that recently broke up with boyfriend of like three years (I’m not sure of the exact time) and we’ve been hanging out the last few weeks. I hadn’t tried anything and I even listened to her talk about him and vent just as a friend. Anyway, Thursday night we went to a bar near campus to watch the game and she ended up getting drunk. I had two and ate so I wasn’t even close. When I drove her home her she kissed me, like a lot. I’m not sure how long we were outside but it was a while. I told her I had to leave when she asked me if I wanted to go inside because she really was drunk and I haven’t heard from her since. I’m not sure what to do now, if I should make a move or just see this as her being drunk and rebounding. I really like her and want us to a thing, so Is it too soon and should I wait?

• Ana
    1 year ago

I don’t think there’s anything unethical about hooking up with her in that situation, because she wanted to do it and she got drunk on purpose because she didn’t want to feel guilty.

The only thing unethical in my opinion, is the girls that do that (get drunk to fuccc) on purpose, and then blame the guy later and try to get him in legal trouble or accuse him of “rape” etc when she clearly consented But was just drunk/tipsy. With that said, I think that you did the smart thing by not hooking up with her, because it could have ended badly. If she really likes you, she should do it sober. And if you just want to have casual sex with girls, you can always do it on tinder, where at least you have something in your defense, if they met you on tinder, they obviously wanted to hook up.

• Barb Outhere

Chances are by showing her is IS just another guy willing to "take advantage" then she is not seeing him as a friend any more. Chances are he blew any chance at an on-going relationship. If that is what he wanted he should have been friend enough to realise she was hurting, found better way to help.

• 1 year ago

It's far too soon for her to date seriously and TBH you sound like a shark circling a wounded sea lion. Don't be around her while she's this vulnerable unless you can stop thinking of her as a snack. You are NOT a friend.

• kristy
    1 year ago

Snooze you lose. She’ll hookup with someone else

• RP
    1 year ago

Don't wait because any delay might seem like a lack of interest or that she made a fool of herself. Since you're interested, get in touch and plan to get together again as soon as possible.

• 1 year ago

Too soon for sure.

Waiting is better unless you do want to take advantage?

• 1 year ago

Take her try to reunite with you.

She want you to love.

• Bill
    1 year ago

talk about ti as your refusal is embarressing for her as she realizes how it looked

make sure she is sober then start again

• 1 year ago

Nothing unethical about it. Why do people keep treating women as if they’re incapable of responsibility for their own actions.

Do what you want to do. She obviously likes you. “In vino veritas.”

• Barb Outhere

If a woman took advantage of a man say emptying his wallet cause he said "Take whatever you need" while meaning "pay the tab", you'd still call it theft. So why not this?