I got a speeding ticket for driving more than 100mph in california. Is my license going to get suspended?

It's my first speeding ticket I have ever gotten in my 4 years of having a driving license but I am just worried that my DL may get suspended for driving over 100mph (102mph) and I cant afford that to happen to me right now. I have been talking to a few lawyers and I cant get a clear answer if they will suspend my license or not. What should I do? Should I fight the case?

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

    I had a friend who was caught driving through Iowa doing 104. She was actually placed in handcuffs at the time she was pulled over, but eventually the officer just wrote her a ticket and her license was suspended in Iowa. That’s all to say that speeding that much is serious business. For two years, she isn’t able to drive anywhere in Iowa state lines. If she does and is pulled over, she will be automatically arrested.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

    The Judge will decide the penalty according to the Law. The Judge will also listen to any mitigation plea, but "I can't afford to lose my license" won't cut it. No lawyer can guarantee an outcome where you will keep your license unless there was a significant procedural, evidential or legal flaw in charging you with speeding

    Unless you can genuinely claim (and prove) that you absolutely need your license for something like caring for a severely ill/disabled person who has no access to other carers, or that you must drive yourself for kidney dialysis a few times weekly because there is absolutely no other realistically practical way to get there and back (including a pedal cycle) then you're going to be waving goodbye to your license and paying a large fine, plus legal costs.

    Start looking in the windows of shops selling walking shoes and bicycles as you'll soon be needing them. Count yourself lucky: speeding that seriously can send you to jail in some countries.

    • Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

      Of course you do. You need one. But don’t expect to keep your license. All your comment says to me and others is “I’m an unpleasant príck as well as being an irresponsible driver”. Nice.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • sam
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

    it should

  • JonZ
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    It better be!!!

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

    I live in California. If you want to drive like an idiot, move to Montana. (PS, you are not a victim)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.