In the military I can deny writing a statement and have no further involvement what so ever?

So to spare everyone’s time I’m just trying to figure out if I have ZERO involvement if I refused to write a statement. I’m stationed in Europe and we got pulled over heading back to base. I was out with the bro and had some drinks and we have our DD, everything is good. So they breathalyze the driver of course and... show more So to spare everyone’s time I’m just trying to figure out if I have ZERO involvement if I refused to write a statement. I’m stationed in Europe and we got pulled over heading back to base. I was out with the bro and had some drinks and we have our DD, everything is good. So they breathalyze the driver of course and it came back good is what we were told after like 5 attempts. He then asks us to follow him around the corner and we do thinking they’re just checking records for proof of insurance etc...come to find out our base security forces were called and now it’s a big mess. They want DD to do another breathalyzer test however, he just did multiple times and of course he rejected (I had no idea what was going on I was in the car with other friend) they then tell me since he rejected they’re towing the vehicle and we had to go to the psd on base where they asked me to write a statement. I respectfully rejected(none is security forces fault, they have no say cause it isn’t there country/all was initiated by foreign police) once rejected they sat down the driver (idk what was said) and then told us we are good to go but they kept the DD. I will have zero future involvement in this yes? Because I did not write a statement. Other friend didn’t either because he wasn’t coherent enough. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.