Girl says she really likes me, but doesn’t want to hurt me. What do I do?

This girl and I have been talking for around 3 weeks, and have hit it off really well through text. We are constantly tagging each other in posts and texting everyday with ‘goodnight/morning baby’ texts and lots of kissing emojis.

She says many things to say she likes me with tagging in relationship posts and saying ‘you’re a keeper’. She has definitely been the pursuer of the thing we have.

We had our first date a few nights ago and everything was fairly smooth. Towards the end of the night, she brought up relationships and we talked and she said she really likes me, (I said I like you too) but she doesn’t want to be in a relationship right now. She’s 19, and said she’s bad in relationships and said her previous relationships have been short (1-2 months) and that she gets bored easily. She said I’m a really good guy and says she needs to work on herself before getting into one again, and I agreed with her completely.

Is this a way for her to subtly friend zone me? Should I message her to clarify again what she means? How long should I wait for her, If at all? Thanks.

• kristy
    1 year ago

Dude get a grip. She’s hooping up with someone else

• 1 year ago

You have only known each other for 3 weeks. You both like each other a lot. She's had bad experiences in the past where she's felt about the exes like she does about you at the moment and she's worried that the same thing will happen again. Therefore she's being honest with you and saying, in a roundabout way, that she wants to remain as you both are at the moment but would like to keep you at arms length for a while before committing to a deeper relationship. She's not rejecting you. She's just being cautious. Just say OK you are happy things as they are at the moment. 3 weeks isn't long. If you like her enough and want her as a permanent girlfriend then you'll just have to be patient and give it all time to work itself out one way or the other. If you are just after quick sex, then look elsewhere. I don't think it needs clarification. She likes you. You like her. Just enjoy each other's company. If it fizzles out....that's life. If it doesn't......that's life as well.

• 1 year ago

Not a very affective way to start off a relationship but at least she was honest about being dishonest in order to let you know you're not her type. Sorry, but it's what I feel based on what you've written because you're too nice.

• MCM
    1 year ago

Tell her hurt me , hurt me please

• 1 year ago

She has actually made it very very very clear. She was being nice to you, and treating you with respect. She told you straight..... she doesn't want a relationship with you. You seem to have a problem accepting this. You have tried to push us into believing otherwise. You say things like 'she has definitely been a pursuer'' etc to try and make us think she was keener than she actually was. If she wanted a relationship with you, would she have said she didn't? No. Leave it and leave her alone.

• Joey1 year agoReport

Thanks for the comment. We still talk and she still wants to see me. If she’s invited me to her birthday gathering in a few weeks time, should I leave it and leave her alone?

• Dd
    1 year ago

yeah ! Joey, run with it see how it goes, have great luck with everything please,