Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 year ago

what is my status noe?

i got divorced after 14 years of marriage....the marriage was bad from the beginning...he was unfaithful and abusive....now he has passed away...what do i put on my forms...divorced.....widowed.....single??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

You were divorced. If you were still married you'd now be a widow. But you aren't married. You are a divorcee who's ex husband has died. You could put divorced or single.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

If you divorced him before he died you're divorced.

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Divorced

• 1 year ago

You tell us you got a divorce. That doesn't change with the passing of your ex-spouse. You get to put down whatever you want on the form but what you are is divorced. And single. So, in your shoes, I'd likely put down Single. It can be a good thing to be!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You are divorced. Widowed means he died WHILE you were married. Single means you have NEVER been married.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Divorced. If you're given the choice of single, technically that's not wrong, but by definition a divorced person is single, so it's the most accurate way to put it.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Divorced. You divorced him before he died.

• 1 year ago

widowed

• 1 year ago

A widow is a person whose husband has passed away, not a women whose ex passed away. you were parted by divorce not by death you are not his widow

• lala
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Widowed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.