Jealous about boyfriend and his ex (high-school sweetheart)?

My boyfriend dated his first love for 7 years. They went to high-school, lost their virginities to each other, prom, vacations; essentially every important milestone was together. My boyfriend didn't date around, he spent his late teens and early 20's being committed. Unfortunately, they grew apart and she... show more My boyfriend dated his first love for 7 years. They went to high-school, lost their virginities to each other, prom, vacations; essentially every important milestone was together. My boyfriend didn't date around, he spent his late teens and early 20's being committed. Unfortunately, they grew apart and she cheated on him. She is still with the man she left him for.

Though she seems very happy in her new relationship. However, I struggle with insecurity and feel like second best. There's a lot of "What-Ifs" since "she" left, not him. Logically I know it isn't a competition but I struggle feeling like she was the one that got away in a sense and I'll always be in the shadow of how important and special she was to him during prime years of personal growth.