Where can I find a phone that does not have texting, internet, apps or anything besides being able to make and take calls?

My dad is a bit old fashioned and only wants a cell phone that only makes and takes calls like phones used to be able to do. He basically wants a landline phone that's wireless and he can take to work. He hates apps, texting, and all internet features, I tried to get him to get a normal smart phone or a flip phone( yes they still make those) and just not use those features, but he said no and that he would be tempted to use them at work. He thinks if he doesn't have them at all he would not be tempted to and be more productive at work. I appreciate the help. I have been looking all over and the only thing I found was a kickstarter type phone called the Light phone.It's not available yet and even if it was he does not want that.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Consumer Cellular. I agree with your dad. I have a Doro flip phone. It has the capability of texting and the ingternet but you can call them, order the phone and tell them you don't want texting. That's what I did. I don't use my phone as an extention of myself. Sometimes I go months without even turning it on but I always have it with me in case of emergencys. My phone bill is $15.00 a month!

• Jeremy
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

My previous mobile was a flip phone (clam shell some people call them) It was extremely expensive to make calls on and even texts used to cost 16p each. Now I pay 2p per text. I don't use it to go online at all.

• olivia
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

I think you use any samsung keypad mobile phones for this

• 7 months ago

Ask a local service provider.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

My mom has one of those Consumers Cellular phones. It's a basic flip phone, and while it is capable of texting, that's a function she never uses. So if you got your dad a basic phone like that, he can simply use it for phone calls and nothing more.

• 7 months ago

Jitterbug Flip Phone

• 7 months ago

Tell Dad that the new TWA Hotel at JFK airport in NY had ROTARY DIAL PHONES. Yes, they use pulse conversion - but he can live in the past. He needs to join this century - and this comes from a lady almost 70.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Better yet, tell him to be happy. If that means flip phone for cell calls and a computer at home, that's exactly what he should do.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

rny tracfone is like that

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Jitterbug Flip Phone is a very simple phone that makes phone calls, they sell it on Amazon and i'm not sure where else.

• G. Whilikers
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

https://www.greatcall.com/phones/jitterbug-flip-cell-phone-for-seniors

I'm not so sure it doesn't have text, but it should be close enough.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

El Scorcho, Ay Caramba!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.