Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 7 months ago

If you got rejected by a college for bad grades but went to a community college and did outstanding, would you apply again?

To the college who didn’t accept you?

I’m very scared of rejection.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Yes. Going to city college is a way to reboot.

Don't bother if your target college is a top 10 place. They get so many applicants they check. Otherwise you'll be fine.

• 7 months ago

Yes, if I still wanted to go there.

At the end of your second year of community college (60 semester credits pending), most colleges and universities don't look at your high school grades (or SAT scores) any more (your grades in college are a better predictor of your future success in college than your high school grades). So being rejected as a freshman applicant has no bearing on your success as a junior year transfer applicant.

And if I get rejected again, so what? I'm exactly where I'd be if I didn't apply again -- I'd be attending another university. There's nothing to lose but the $60 application fee.

• 7 months ago

If it was important for me, I would.

• drip
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

So you first applied as an incoming freshman and we’re denied. They went to a CC and then applied as a transfer student,

You application is now different, and they will review it as it is now. With your CC grades, which do hold more weight over your HS transcript.

If this is the university you want to attend then yes by all means try again,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

yes only 3.8above grades. with a nice statement of purpose

• 7 months ago

You should get over being scared. Once you're rejected what do you have to be scared of unless it's something else you're scared of too. It can be said that it is easier to get into a college of your choice after getting an associates degree from a community college as you have proved you're capable of college studies. It is the matter of paying for it that becomes more important.

after community college then apply for admission.

• 7 months ago

Returning to the school where you flunked out is highly unlikely. Do NOT bother trying to get back there. You blew that up. You can certainly try elsewhere.

• Gypsyfish
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

The OP didn't say he/she had flunked out. READ the question!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

you can try, if you do good in a cornrnunity college a regular one rnight accept you later

• 7 months ago

💊

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No point in being scared, if they reject you just apply to another.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.