One of my students told me he wants to be a girl. Should I tell his parents?

I am a 5th-grade classroom teacher. Last week Friday, one of my students asked to have a private chat with me, which I agreed to do. He confided in me before our lunch dismissal, candidly revealing to me that "he doesn't like his body." I questioned what he meant by that statement, to which he... show more I am a 5th-grade classroom teacher. Last week Friday, one of my students asked to have a private chat with me, which I agreed to do. He confided in me before our lunch dismissal, candidly revealing to me that "he doesn't like his body." I questioned what he meant by that statement, to which he replied, "I want to be a girl." I was astonished because I'd never heard a student tell me that in my two years of teaching, nor was I expecting this. The student noticed it caught me off guard for a minute, so I guess he was frightened, and consequently urged me, "Please don't tell my parents." I reassured him that I wouldn't tell them. I then encouraged him to talk to his parents about it, but that if he didn't feel comfortable he could talk to me about it again. He proceeded to go to lunch after that. Since then, I've been pondering over what to do about this student's confession. As his teacher, am I supposed to do anything?

There are minimal resources for LGBT students in my school district because it's located in a deeply conservative area. I am also not LGBT-identifying and have little to no experience with the community. Can someone help me? Thanks!
Update: I am definitely not a troll. If you think I am, then that is your guilty conscience speaking. I'll just ask this question on Quora or Reddit if I can't get a real answer from anyone here.
Update 2: Thanks, Proud Millennial Snowflake! To answer your question: Yes, my school actually has a part-time School Psychologist who floats to different schools across the school district. I'll start there! Thanks!