Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

Public Intoxication?

I live in Chattanooga TN and I was charged with Public Intoxication the other day it was drug related not alcohol but this is the first time I have ever been arrested or changed with anything. What can I expect when I go to court?

• 1 year ago

You are likely looking at a fine, it's not a big deal if you are over 21. But if you aren't, you might get court ordered alcohol counseling or community service in addition to court costs and/or a fine.

• 1 year ago

TN - No clue, but what the...

Where I am a public intoxication charge basically won'r happen period regardless of the substance. Oh, there is a law on the books, but unless you are creating a REAL problem, they won't bother you as long as you are not driving. Posession of a controled substance, yes - but intoxication in itself is not considered probable cause to look for it on your person.

• 1 year ago

More than likely you’ll get a fine and court costs.

• 1 year ago

When you go to court you plead Not Guilty and ask for a public defender if you can't afford a private attorney. Then work with the public defender to get the best deal you can.

• Liar
    1 year ago

Probably a fine, public service, and an order to attend a rehabilitation program.