can you take an astronomy class for majoring in nursing?

i’m gonna ask my counselor but i wanted to know now and then i’ll make sure

23 Answers

Relevance
  • You could always pay extra money (whether out of pocket or through financial aid) to take the class if the subject interests you.

• 6 months ago

Well, here for the two points and for saying I second the commenter who gave the space medicine advice.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Possibly as an elective but every school has it’s own rules

• 6 months ago

Not sure if that would be acceptable to the course structuring but if not, anyway, why let that stop you from completing an astronomy class too. If you are interested in a subject you could find plenty of reasons not to pursue it, but why not just please yourself and go for it anyway. Don't let others tell you not to if that is what you want.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No, both the fields are unrelated.

• 6 months ago

Nursing programs are pretty highly structured & might not allow for many elective courses during the program.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

To add to the other responses, tell your advisor that you're giving some long-term thought to becoming involved in "space medicine", which is a growing field that includes the doctors and nurses who prepare astronauts and treat them upon their return.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_medicine

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would think, especially if you are studying at a university. You are expected to have a well rounded education. Also, nursing (medical science) and astronomy would both fall under the "STEM" umbrella.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i dont see why not

• 6 months ago

That depends on the institution. Most nursing programs have room for some science electives, so the answer will probably be yes...but there could be SOME schools where this is impossible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.