How can I stop my puppy from crawling under doors?

I have a 13 week old Pomeranian and when we got her she was so tiny she would just slip under the space between the door and the floor with no issues at all. Obviously we didn't want her running around with no supervision so we tried everything to block up the spaces (towels, blankets, boxes, a suitcase,... show more I have a 13 week old Pomeranian and when we got her she was so tiny she would just slip under the space between the door and the floor with no issues at all. Obviously we didn't want her running around with no supervision so we tried everything to block up the spaces (towels, blankets, boxes, a suitcase, everything) but we eventually stopped trying because we couldn't find anything long enough or heavy enough. She would just have to nudge it over enough to slip through the tiniest space. But now she's getting much too big to be crawling under doors and today she got her head stuck underneath and was crying and screaming in pain and I didn't know what to do to get her out without hurting her. She got herself unstuck after 15 seconds but now I'm terrified she won't learn and she'll do it again and maybe this time no one will be home and she'll really get hurt. I rent this house so doggy door is out of the question and I'll leave my door open as much as possible but in case it does need to be closed what can I do to stop her from going under the door? And what do I do if she gets stuck again to get her out without hurting her?
5 answers 5