How to not be rude when setting a wedding date!?

My fiancé and I have been together for 8 years. We are engaged this month and would like to get married on paper December 2019. I want to have our wedding June 2020. My best friend from college was engaged before me, December 2019 and set her wedding date for November 2020. We share a lot of friends, and her... show more My fiancé and I have been together for 8 years. We are engaged this month and would like to get married on paper December 2019. I want to have our wedding June 2020.

My best friend from college was engaged before me, December 2019 and set her wedding date for November 2020.

We share a lot of friends, and her wedding is destination, will be very expensive, and frankly she really likes attention and wants an extravagant bachelorette.

Is it rude for me to get married right before her in our hometown, maybe a destination bachelorette for myself. I dont want to break the bank for my friends.

My fiancé’s sister is ALSO getting married summer 2020.

I’m trying not to be annoyed, but I’ve waited 8 years for this. They have waited maybe 2. Am I being selfish wanting the date I want?!