What cures the disease?

Medicines or

Body's immune system

• hart
    1 year ago

knowledge

1 year ago

Both.

However, in some cases medicine is essential. Why do you think death rates for things like seemingly simple cuts and chest infections were sky high before antibiotics.

• 1 year ago

Immune system and good nutrition.

• gerald
    1 year ago

Both medicines are designed to assist like vaccination it prepares the body by showing it the enemy so it recognises it immediately and gets the upper hand quicker , some help with temperature and pain and vitamins so its a combination we survive many things today that were real killers in the past so they do help thanks to some wonderful Scientists ,

• audrey
    1 year ago

Both. Working together.

• Andy C
    1 year ago

Depends on the malady, but nearly always, meds diminish the damage done by a pathogen which allows the immune system to heal the body.

• 1 year ago

Here's an old saying that I like: medicine is the art of distracting the patient while nature effects the cure.

Well that's true in a lot of cases but in some cases medicine actually helps, if not essential. The problem is that drug companies are greedy and have pushed drugs as the cure for absolutely everything leading to drugs being WAY over-prescribed.

• megalomaniac
      1 year agoReport

I wasn't talking about the placebo effect, I was talking about our immune system. Why do you assume that drugs are always needed for all illness? I'm also not talking about all or none. Sometimes drugs help and sometimes not. I sleep fine thanks. How did I lie? Please explain.

• 1 year ago

Both.

Depends what the disease is, but they both fight it.