Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

Why would I not get an order judgment in the mail?

My daughter filed a restraining order on her dad, myself and her brothers. We were subpoenaed to testify on her ex husband’s behalf in a custody battle and he won. She is back with a guy that abused her in the past and they have a criminal/drug past together as well. She was neglecting the kids, worrying about this guy and making him happy and my grandson was telling his dad stories.. well, she got mad at us, because we told the truth in court. She’s always been the type of person that will destroy another if she doesn’t get her way.. Anyway, she filed a restraining order to keep us from the kids. She told lies on us of course. We didn’t show up to the hearing, because we don’t have time for her continuous antics and drama. The judge issued the order and sent everyone letters, saying that the order was in place, except for me. I was originally served, but I was not included in the latest order. Why would that be?

• 1 year ago

Mistake. You should have shown up to the hearing.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    1 year ago

Maybe the Judge found no fault on your part. Maybe it’s a mistake. No one knows except for the Judge.

I’m sure you know that by you not appearing, she won.

• poncho1 year agoReport

I’m aware. I’m just tired. She’s pulled these antics since she was a teen. I’m tired...

• 1 year ago

The mother of a child has told you to stay away from that child. Why do you think that a restraining order is needed to protect that child from you?

• poncho1 year agoReport

Read. She is notorious for putting her children in harms way. She’s with a criminal that abused her, the oldest child and they committed drug related crimes together in the past. The dad of the youngest child got involved. She’s mad at family for testifying for the dad.

• 1 year ago

You wouldn't get one because you weren't a party to the action. Just witnesses that testified.

• 1 year ago

How could anyone on here possibly know why you weren't included? Your question is also ambiguous.

"The judge issued the order and sent everyone letters, saying that the order was in place, except for me. "

Does that mean he sent letters saying everyone was affected but you, or you just didn't get a letter?

• poncho1 year agoReport

In the end, everyone else got a restraining order except me