Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Are drinking and smoking a sin?

Let me give some more details first. I’m not an alcoholic or a stoner at all. I don’t let them control my life or sacrifice anything else in my life for these things. I have maybe 3 to 5 beers spread throughout the week. And either 1 bowl or 1 joint spread throughout the day. And I don’t get lazy when I do them either. I also don’t do it before work or school, or if I have something I need to do in my personal life. With all this said, do you think god looks down upon this? I can honesty say the beer is just a luxury, but the week does help me with anxiety and to sleep.

• Brian
    1 year ago

Only if you drink too much or smoke too much.

• Paul
    1 year ago

Drinking in moderation is not a sin. Jesus Christ drank wine, as did everyone of that time and place. Abuse of alcohol is harmful to the body, as is smoking.

• 1 year ago

Try taking melatonin for anxiety and to sleep. Take it at bedtime and not only will you sleep the night but it will wake you up in the morning. It is best to sleep in the dark by a window where the sunlight will come in in the morning. Alcohol is a poison that should never be ingested by the human body and it can be addicting. As far as the herb, well that is God's gift to mankind. God loves you no matter what decisions you make in life, but this is your chance to recreate yourself anew in the grandest vision and greatest version you have of self. Guilt and fear are man's 2 worst enemies, religions are well aware of this. Don't resonate in them!

1 year ago

Neither are sins.

Smoking is not a sin. And drinking alcohol is not a sin. Drunkenness is the sin that you would want to avoid, since you don't want to be controlled by its destruction.

And believing in Jesus to take you to heaven, means you are forgiven all sins past and future, and you go to heaven.

The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

,

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

1 year ago

Religion is a stepping stone to stupid .

Oh sure at first a little stupid is ok but then one day in bible study stupid is clear

because the Parrot explains stupid validates stupid with stupid .

Then something called the holy spirit reveals stupid as the treasure of god .

Before you know it you can't get enough stupid and you have $400 dollar a day habit on stupid .

Just say no to stupid .

1 year ago

THE BIBLE SAYS DO NOT BE DRUNK

1 year ago

if you don't abuse it

• 1 year ago

What direction are you leaning on that?

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

• 1 year ago

no but they are a huge waste of money...BEST TO PRAY FOR FREE...I quit smoking long ago and I do not care about booze...I prefer Lemonade.