Anonymous

Is it okay to choose McDonald's as my career?

Update:

...or Starbucks? Coffee Bean? I'm okay

with being poor. I am tired of trying to decide on a

career. They're either in danger of being replaced

by computers (bookkeeping), not enough jobs to

go around (medical-coding) or simply too far away.

Plus, I'm told starting a business online is a terrible

idea. 80% of them fail within 3 years, and you have

to compete with people from third-world.

Update 2:

Full-time at minimum wage is $1,800/month, in CA.

I can get basic essentials paid for, but I have to depend

on Medical for health-insurance. I don't mind going to

college, but I don't see the point if it's a high risk gamble.

Your thoughts?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Best answer

You have a very pessimistic and negative view in which you have already decided career paths won't work, even though you've never tried them. People who have that kind of view will have a difficult time succeeding in life. Things won't go well for you unless you change your attitude and negative outlook.

• 7 months ago

this would be a BIG mistake.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's your choice, and it's your life, but I think you will want more out of that career path.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

your life, your decision .........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Why do you dislike computer? Well from printing a bill to emailing a customer, you need a computer. Even an Admin staff with a little bit above min wage is required to use a computer for basic printing and billing. People like you (who are left behind) are the same when cars were invented but still prefer to ride a horse. Isnt that odd?

• Stella
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You say that you're okay with being poor but do actually have any experience in that?

It's miserable and stressful.

Anyway I doubt that in California even full time at minimum wage is enough to cover any reasonable definition of "basic essentials". Most restaurant jobs are not full time in any case.

Why not consider a trade school or apprenticeship? Or even the military if you qualify.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i dont see why not, sorneone has to work there

• Never
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Lots of McDonalds GMs started as hourly employees and worked their way up. Pay is bad until you make assistant manager and then the hours are long. But the General Managers make $80-140k per year.

I was at one near me a few years ago and the area manager was there timing cars at the drive thru and the general manager was there, Looked to be 23, maybe 24-25. He was sharp but he was young. Probably started at 15, kept working there, went to college and got a degree and then moved up quickly based on their needs and his ability. Its not impossible at a young age. But most are older.

You can go to a community college and then commute to a local college and pay your own way thru without debt. May take 5-6 years. They might even let you co-op which means work one semester go to school the next. My nephew did that but not McDonalds.

I knew a guy who worked for me about 30-38 hours a week who also had a full time job at a quick mart. He said he was fine with 38 but I tried to keep him around 30 because 70 hours is a lot and I did not want to burn him out.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

it's any entry level job not a career path

• 7 months ago

Unless you work as a manager or work at their headquarters as a professional, there is little chance for career growth.

But if money is not an issue, there is no shame in any honest work.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.