Blue Jay baby. Did I do the right thing? My mom found a baby blue Jay outside( saved it from being devoured by a group of dogs).?

I could not find the best he came from or any best fir that matter. From what I read he was or was going into fledgling. Mostly grey, little blue , little black. He wasn't strong enough to fly back to anything. I think he had worn himself out. By pure luck my mother has two Quakers and a conjure and had some... show more I could not find the best he came from or any best fir that matter. From what I read he was or was going into fledgling. Mostly grey, little blue , little black. He wasn't strong enough to fly back to anything. I think he had worn himself out. By pure luck my mother has two Quakers and a conjure and had some baby bird formula. I have fed him every two hours and he is thriving after only a few days and has almost doubled in size. Although he still is too little to fly back wherever he came from. Did I do the wrong thing by taking the bird in and feeding him? Was thinking in the begining it would only be a week or so and he could fly home. Now I'm reading that he cannot learn what he needs to to tske care of himself because he learns so from his mom and dad. I though that it was his instinct to know how to take care of himself? Can I still release him when he can fly? Or will he die cause he doesn't know how to find food?
1 answer 1