I owned a UK mobile number, if I lent the number to a member of my family and they have been using it for a number of years,?

I was using the number and then gave it as 'gift'/loan to my nephew in 2011. I now want the number back, he has moved in from EE to Vodafone. Can i take him to court to get it back or is there another way?

4 Answers

  • 7 months ago

    Let the number go and consider the experience a lesson learned.

  • 7 months ago

    you could try asking hirn for the nurnber back first

  • 7 months ago

    ok thanks. the EE account is in my father's name who in 2014 cam down with dementure and alzheimers, My father definitely loaned it to him as my nephew was working in the family business. I can get power of attorney to act on my father's behalf at court. My nephew never paid us for the number and left the business in June 2014, he should have given the number back.

  • 7 months ago

    No chance. If he won’t voluntarily give it back (if I was him then I’d think “you must be effing joking”) then you’d be wasting the court’s time and your money.

    You don’t even know yourself whether it was a gift or a loan so he can claim it was a gift, and you’ve left it far too long to realistically make a challenge.

    Your nephew would also have the very strong counter-argument that after eight years of using it, the number is now entrenched as a part of his wider identity.

    • Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

      In the UK there is a six year limit for pursuing unpaid claims. Five years in Scotland.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.