Are you fed up with cars being so big these days?

The roads seem to be getting smaller and smaller as do car parks

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

What? How about in the 70s and before

• 6 months ago

Are you not aware of the fact cars were bigger at one time?

Geez!

• 6 months ago

I thought the trend was reversing

• ron h
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You've never seen a 70's American car, have you? 74 lincolns, cadillacs, Imperials, were incredibly comfortable to drive and ride for hundreds of miles

• Dimo
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

From '88 to '02 we had a '78 Ford LTD -- 6'8" wide, 18'8" long, 5,000 pounds, 460cid (7.5 liter) V8. A 2019 Impala is 6'1", 16'9" long, under 3,900 pounds, biggest engine is a 3.6 liter V6.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yeah well also you have to factor in your own change in size as well. At 63 I'm bigger than I use to be - it's all perception LOL.

• TSM_908
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Ahh well it must be that what you're saying is true. So buy a small cool sports car while you can. Or get one of those old looking banged up cars (ie rat rods) that are 100% sound under the bashed up metal outside and people will be afraid to park next to you.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Don't know where YOU are driving, but where I live, cars have been getting smaller for decades. I learned to drive in the 1960's when they built REAL family sized automobiles.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

No a 5,000 # Dodge Ram duallie w/Cummings Diesel isn't "smaller". Quite the opposite. Most drive Real trucks in AZ. A Few Rangers, S-`10s, these are usually from the '80's.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Small cars are still available.

• 6 months ago

There's a whole lot of things with higher priority in the world today.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Not really, us Brits have reasonable sized cars. It's ridiculous the size of vehicles (and a lot of other things) in the US. The domestic Hummer is one the most stupid developments in my opinion.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Very Very Few Hummers still driven in US. 6 gallons/mile. My sister and I counted 3 in two hours on I-80. Schwarzennegger has 6.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Ah, this can only be a question by a Brit. America's cars used to be huge. My first car, a Plymouth sedan, was 18 feet long and 10 feet wide. It had bench seats. When I used to go on road trips with my best friend, like to Florida or wherever, I used to sleep in the front seat and he'd sleep in the back seat and it was like sleeping on a couch because our heads and feet wouldn't reach the ends, and we're 6' tall. Now, though, they're smaller than ever. Even the big ones are small. Vans. Vans used to be huge. Now they're tiny.

UPDATE:

Believe it. 1970 Plymouth Fury III.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

I have seen old garages in Kansas that were built for a Model "T",. Seem tiny even compared to an average car from 1990.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.