Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Jehovah's witness, as a follower of Christ, do you believe that Christ is equally following someone else? Where do you follow him to?

• TeeM

Let's let Jesus answer this question.

(John 14:28) “28 You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.”

(John 17:3) “3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”

(John 20:17) “17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’””

(Revelation 3:2) “2 Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your works fully performed before my God.”

Let's let Paul answer this question:

(1 Corinthians 11:3) “3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.”

(1 Corinthians 15:24-27) “24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.”

Prior to going to heaven, Jesus told Mary, his relationship with his God and Father was the same relationship Mary had with her God and Father. (John 20:17 above)

So the Biblical answer has to be yes.

.

• KinWin

Christ Follows Jehovah, JW follows Christ, therefore we all follow Jehovah.

JWs don't follow Christ. They've demoted him from God the Son to:

"a god"

"a spirit person"

the patron saint of Israel

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

We believe, Consider John 1:18, which reads: “No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him.” Here Jesus is called “the only-begotten god.” And is it not clear that he is separate from and subordinate to “the Father,” the God with whom he enjoys a choice position?

This conclusion is clearly apparent to the objective investigator of the Scriptures. Martin Werner, as Professor in the University of Bern, observed: “Wherever in the New Testament the relationship of Jesus to God, the Father, is brought into consideration, whether with reference to his appearance as a man or to his Messianic status, it is conceived of and represented categorically as subordination.”

Examples of Jesus’ subordination to God are cited by Theology Professor Boobyer: Jesus “confesses or denies men before God ; he intercedes with God on our behalf and as heavenly paraclete [“helper”] pleads our cause with the Father ; he is the mediator between men and God (1 Tim. ii. 5).

• Rebmilc

I notice you quote Boobyer Michael. Notice what he says about the 'mediator' unfortunately Jesus isn't your mediator as your organization teach that He is mediator only for the 144,000. So sadly, you don't have a mediator, no mediator no forgiveness of sin.

According to Matthew 22:37,38 Jesus said that we’re to love Jehovah with our whole heart, soul, & mind & then love our neighbor as ourselves. Part of loving our neighbors as ourselves is to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom according to Matthew 24:14. This is the same preaching work Jesus did when he was on earth according to Luke 8:1 as well as other numerous scriptures & commissioned us to do. If you would like to find out more information about us, please visit our official website that you can find through Google search.

• Michael

Also, Jesus Christ is “the way.” That is, he is the only one through whom it is possible for us to approach God. This is true in the matter of prayer, for only by praying through Jesus do we have the assurance that the Father will give us whatever we may request in harmony with His will.

JWs don't follow The Christ, they follow the orders of the Watch Tower Society.

• Rebmilc

But you can't come to the Father through Jesus Michael, as he is only mediator for144,000 JWs. So how do you come to the Father?

• David

Do Jehovah's Witnesses follow Christ? It doesn't seem that way. They seem only to follow "Jehovah". Jesus said "You shall be MY witnesses". He didn't say "you shall be JEHOVAH'S witnesses.

• Rebmilc

Unless pf course you are one of the 144,000.

JW is a non-Christian cult that denies fundamental Bible doctrines such as the deity of Christ, the Trinity, salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, bodily resurrection, and eternal torment in the lake of fire for unbelievers. There is nothing even remotely "Christian" about them. They are about as far from Christianity as one can get.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute. Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave (1 Cor. 15:3-4). The Bible is clear that salvation is not by our good works. The only condition for receiving everlasting life is to believe in Jesus for that free gift! It really is that simple.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Michael

Is Jesus Christ God? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101972201?q=Jesus+is&p=par

• I'm curious, do you get many JW answerers here?

They wrong say that Jesus is not God and is Mikael.