Honda Spree Maintenance?

Hello all,

I have a 1986 Honda Spree, and last night my pipe from engine to muffler completely snapped! (Perfect right???) I was wondering if anybody has suggestions either for home repair options or products they’ve used before that have worked well. For reference I am located in seattle, WA.

Also for reference, the pipe is welded onto my muffler, but was just attached to engine, no welding.

• 1 year ago

The pipe broke in two because it rusted out on the inside. I bet the muffler is in the same condition but we can't tell from this far away. A muffler shop can give you the scoop on your exhaust system. (Nothing short of replacing the rusted parts will fix them.)

• Scott
    1 year ago

You have a 33 year old vehicle. The pipe's structural integrity is shot. You need to go to a muffler shop and have them replace the pipe and quite possibly, the muffler.

Source(s): Worked in a muffler and brake shop for many years.
  • 1 year ago

There is no home remedy to fix a rusted out exhaust. The part(s) need to be replaced, which of course if you're able, you can do at home.