Why does Joe Biden have such a big lead among the democrats running for president?

Are people that stupid to want another neoliberal corporatists in the White House? Haven't they learned from the past? I like him personally. I think he's a good man who is qualified based on experience, but he's just the male version of Hillary. I'm a Democratic-leaning independent who's... show more Are people that stupid to want another neoliberal corporatists in the White House? Haven't they learned from the past? I like him personally. I think he's a good man who is qualified based on experience, but he's just the male version of Hillary. I'm a Democratic-leaning independent who's libertarian on social issues and pragmatic on fiscal issues. I'm so sick and tired of the same boring people with no new ideas. I might vote for a Libertarian or a Green candidate in 2020 if Biden is the nominee!