M asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 years ago

After I reported my boss for harrassment he sent me a message saying I just pissed off the wrong people.Is that legally considered a threat?

• Jim

Yep.

• Bill

in writing is is a threat that if anything happens , you can take him to court on that evidence

Yes. I would report it to the police non-emergency number immediately and also your human resources department at work. Also, tell several of your friends and family exactly what he said. Write it down and date it. I'm pretty sure it's an idle threat but in case it's not and he follows up in any way, let him know that you have notified several people and the police so that if anything happens to you, he will be the first one investigated. In the meantime, look for another job. Quit immediately if able. Working in a hostile environment is very stressful. Also, make sure you don't delete the message that he sent. Seriously consider moving out of state if able. Also, pray about it. I will pray for you too.

Not only that, but I believe there are specific laws against retaliation for a harassment complaint.

• Will

Yes. Just report him all over again to your guys' superiors and send them the message he sent you too this time.