Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 6 months ago

Why do people take their daughter to ballet?

Uh... this is a very odd question.

Well, I believe it was George Balanchine who said, "Ballet is the art of the woman".

The daughters would appreciate it more than the sons. Or any male members of the family.

Because ballet is the performing arts.

well my mother sent me to ballet classes because I have serious balance and coordination problems and it helped... a little bit. I was much better at tap. I do Irish dancing now.

Because their daughters aren't old enough to drive.

It is usually because the children themselves want to do it, however, it is a 'win-win' situation as ballet teaches so much.

Ballet itself is like a 'brain trainer' as the mind has to think of so many things at once when learning to dance.

It is also good for deportment, confidence, commitment as well as exercise.

Parents who invest time taking their children to hobbies such as dance will be paid back fully when their children are busy doing something constructive with their time that helps with everything they do, even with their education. Dancers will remain committed to whatever they turn to.

Exposure to the arts

• patty

I did tap ballet and jazz. Its something young boys and girls do

• Yes

They want to let their daughter be happy and have fun.