Rose asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 8 months ago

Is ballet or swimming harder?

Favorite Answer

Ballet. There are many techniques to master perfectly. But swimming poses a higher risk

• Ferluci8 months agoReport

I mean the risk of death and trauma is higher than ballet. And there are a lot of unforeseen circumstances in the water. Yes there are a lot of risk for injury in ballet, but none that threaten your life.

Ballet. There is literally no question.

I've done both.

I started ballet at 6 and danced for 8 years and I also did swimming from the age of 14 to 17.

Then at 17, I quit swimming to start ballet again, which I still do and I compete.

Having done both, I can tell you for sure that ballet is a thousand times harder. There are a few people that can dance and make it look good but anyone can swim well enough. Obviously, it's not easy to become a competitive swimmer but to become a professional dancer is even harder.

• Kevin7

i think swimming

It depends on the level you are trying to attain. In general ballet is just harder to reach a basic level of proficiency. However recreational ballet classes are easier than becoming an Olympic swimmer.

you can learn swimming in a season

but you need to learn ballet in many years

depends on the person, whats easy for one person rnight be harder for another

Ballet is more of a strain on knees and ankles. The potential for damage and injury is much much greater than swimming.