How did you feel when you first went travelling?

I am 18, live in London and I have £5,000 in savings. I would love to do a bit of travelling this summer. Maybe go to Spain for a week or two and to Portugal or Turkey maybe. I’ve been suffering from mild depression the last few years but I’m a bit better now. I don’t have a lot of confidence and I’ve never... show more I am 18, live in London and I have £5,000 in savings. I would love to do a bit of travelling this summer. Maybe go to Spain for a week or two and to Portugal or Turkey maybe.

I’ve been suffering from mild depression the last few years but I’m a bit better now. I don’t have a lot of confidence and I’ve never travelled abroad by myself before or even gone abroad with my family. When I think about stepping on a plane to a foreign country I get so scared. What if I get lost? What if I can’t communicate with anyone? What if I get hurt?

I would really love to travel but I don’t know how to go about booking tickets, Holidays, taxis to the hotel and where all the museums and historical sites would be.

Does anyone here travel regularly?
What advice would you give me?